SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE
Agilio | Primary Care is part of the Agilio Software Group. Agilio is now the UK’s largest provider of the back office, compliance and workforce solutions in primary care and dental. We are looking for an SDR to continue the growth of Agilio Software across the UK, creating opportunities for our solutions in the primary care and dental health sectors. .
Working closely with the Sales Executives you will research, identify and engage new prospects. Building relationships with key decision-makers and influencers to better understand their needs and our product fit. Where there is a good fit, you will book the meetings for a member of the sales team to deliver a product demonstration.
Reporting to the Business Development Manager
These responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
- Hunting and developing new leads, identifying prospects, building relationships and booking in appointments.
- Effective use of the phone, email and social selling to maximise meetings booked and revenue won.
- Be a great storyteller, capable of composing engaging content with an understanding what is relevant to a given audience (and why)
- Excellent time-management skills, being able to prioritize key tasks, manage multiple conversations at any given time.
- Be a great listener and communicator, sharing knowledge and influencing for a positive outcome.
- Maintain and manage our CRM system, keeping pipeline of opportunities updated.
- Learn and maintain knowledge of Agilio Products.
- Develop full knowledge and understanding of the marketplace for Agilio products.
- Respond to inbound leads and qualify their interest.
- Work closely with the Sales team to prospect into new markets.
- Conduct research into new markets to understand prospective customer needs.
- Collaborate with sales executives to ensure the company’s goals and targets are met.
The skills which we are looking for in our Sales Development Representative:
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Powerpoint MS Excel.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Dedication to providing great customer service.
- Good time management and analytical skills.
- Good telephone etiquette.
We are looking for great characters with the right attitude and aptitude. Below are a few attributes that we think are key for an SDR within our business:
- Ideally you will be educated to a degree level, but this is not essential.
- Strong team player who will work closely with your colleagues.
- A person with the motivation to exceed expectations and work to targets.
- Professional, enthusiastic, confident, and comfortable with talking to stakeholders of all levels through several different methods including phone and email.
- Be a good listener.
Based in Wallsend, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE28 9NX. This role is office-based
If you are interested in applying please email your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]