Following our news article published on 7th July 2021, additional information has been released regarding double vaccinated individuals who are identified as a close contact no longer being required to self-isolate.
From 16th August 2021, double vaccinated people will no longer be legally required to self-isolate if they are identified as a close contact of someone confirmed as positive with COVID-19.
If an individual receives their second vaccination dose just before, or after, the 16th August, they will need to wait until two weeks after they get the second jab to not be required to self-isolate.
It has now been confirmed that household contacts will also not be required to self-isolate if any of the following apply:
- They are fully vaccinated
- They are below the age of 18 years 6 months
- They have taken part in or are currently part of an approved COVID-19 vaccine trial
- They are not able to get vaccinated for medical reasons
You should also consider:
- limiting close contact with other people outside your household, especially in enclosed spaces
- wearing a face covering in enclosed spaces and where you are unable to maintain social distancing
- limiting contact with anyone who is clinically extremely vulnerable
- taking part in regular Lateral Flow Device testing
There is additional guidance for healthcare workers who should also:
- inform their line manager
- have a PCR test and the result of this should be negative prior to returning to work
- not have any Covid-19 symptoms
- undertake Lateral Flow Device tests every day for the 10 days following their last contact with the case (even on days they are not at work)
- take Lateral Flow Device tests before starting their shift, and the result should be negative
- comply with all relevant infection control precautions and PPE should be worn properly throughout the day
- have a risk assessment undertaken if they work with patients who are clinically extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 and consideration given to redeployment during their 10 day self-isolation period
For additional information, please see the government guidance here.
To find out how the Agilio Software Dental services can keep you up-to-date with everything you need to know with all regulatory changes, click here.