SALES DEVELOPMENT REPRESENTATIVE – Primary Care
Agilio Software Group is the UK’s largest provider of back office, compliance, and workforce solutions in primary care and dental.
We have ambitious and exciting growth plans and are looking for talented individuals to be part of our journey.
Continue the growth of Agilio Software across the UK, creating opportunities for our solutions in the primary care and dental health sectors.
Working closely with the Sales Executives you will research, identify and engage new prospects. Building relationships with key decision-makers and influencers to better understand their needs and our product fit. Where there is a good fit, you will book the meetings for a member of the sales team to deliver a product demonstration.
You will be responsible for:
- Hunting and developing new leads, identifying prospects, building relationships and booking in appointments
- Effective use of the phone, email and social selling to maximise meetings booked and revenue won
- Being a great storyteller, capable of composing engaging content with an understanding what is relevant to a given audience (and why)
- Excellent time-management skills, being able to prioritise key tasks, manage multiple conversations at any given time
- Being a great listener and communicator, sharing knowledge and influencing for a positive outcome
- Maintaining and managing our CRM system, keeping pipeline of opportunities updated
- Learning and maintaining knowledge of Agilio Products
- Developing full knowledge and understanding of the marketplace for Agilio products
- Responding to inbound leads and qualify their interest
- Working closely with the Sales team to prospect into new markets
- Conducting research into new markets to understand prospective customer needs
- Collaborating with sales executives to ensure the company’s goals and targets are met
The skills and experience which we are looking for in our Sales Development Representative are:
- Proficient in MS Word, MS Powerpoint and MS Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Dedication to providing great customer service
- Good time management and analytical skills
- Good telephone etiquette
- Strong team player who will work closely with your colleagues
- A person with the motivation to exceed expectations and work to targets
- Professional, enthusiastic, confident, and comfortable with talking to stakeholders of all levels through several different methods including phone and email
- A good listener
- Educated to degree level
This is a full-time role based in Wallsend.
Job type: Full-time, permanent, some out of hours work may be required from time to time
Salary: Competitive salary and generous benefits
- Income Protection
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced pension
- Health Cash plan
- 28 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- A range of flexible benefits available through our Agilio Flex portal
If you feel you have what it takes to join our team, we look forward to receiving your application!
If you are interested in applying, please email your CV along with a covering letter to [email protected]